Thank you to everyone who attended the event, we had a great night!
This engaging and interactive evening at the new Scotts Valley Library was scripted and performed by Janet A. Rudolph’s Murder on the Menu. Appetizer stations were woven around the murder mystery, a no-host bar was offered, and a live auction for five “big ticket” items was held just before the arrest of the guilty person that evening.
Solve the Mystery on: Saturday, October 22
Scene of the Crime: Scotts Valley Library
First Clue Time of Death: 7pm to 10pm
Tickets: $50 per person (adults only)
Available at: The Scotts Valley Library & Zinnia's.
Please make checks payable to:
"Friends of the Scotts Valley Library"
- Whodunit... you solve the mystery, play the game.
- Gastronomical delights served progressive style
- One of the murder's signature lethal potions
- An "Un-Silent" auction
- Optional dress code - dress as your favorite sleuth
- No host bar
- Santa Cruz Weekend Spectacular -- enjoy two nights at the heavenly Santa Cruz Dream Inn September through May along with free passes for the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the Santa Cruz Art and History Museum, a one hour ride on the O'Neill catamaran, a whale watching cruise from Santa Cruz Scenic Tours, a bag of saltwater taffy from Marini's Candies and $50 dinner certificates for Stagnaro Brothers Restaurant and Shadowbrook Restaurant.
Sleepover at the Library -- have the run of the Scotts Valley library for a Saturday night party for up to 15 adults or kids! Includes full access to nine-screen media wall and Wii gaming station. Bring your sleeping bag, toothbrush and jammies, everything else is on us -- dinner provided by Bruno's BBQ, ice cream cake for dessert from Yogizmo Yogurt and a light breakfast in the morning. And to recover, a free one night stay at the Scotts Valley Hilton and a one hour Swedish massage at Skin Essence Day Spa.
One Week Stay at Legends Whistler -- an upscale, two-bedroom, two-full bath condo with ski-in/ski-out at the world-renowned Whistler Creekside Resort in Canada just steps from the Creekside gondola. Available one week every month except December, check with owner for specific availability and please use your week within the next year. See www.legendswhistler.com for more info.
Book of the Year Sponsor -- you select the Scotts Valley library's Book of the Year that will be prominently displayed at the library entryway, along with your name, photo and a description of the book. Three copies of the book will be purchased for the library system in your name and you will receive a commemorative copy autographed by the Scotts Valley library staff, Friends of the Scotts Valley Library and City Council. This is your chance to highlight to the community a book that is important to you!
Proceeds from this fundraising event benefited the library's new back patio.
For supporting this fundraising event we thank:
- Santa Cruz Dream Inn
- Otoro Sushi
- Becky Sorci
- Mint - Fine Living & Fresh Bites
- Skin Essence Day Spa
- Centrella Inn of Pacific Grove
- Auntie Mame's Cafe
- Scotts Valley Hilton
- Carolyn Fitz
- Mollies Country Cafe
- Business with Pleasure
- Bruno's BBQ